NLA Understanding Possession
Cookridge Hall is located in North Leeds, approximately 8 miles from Leeds city centre within easy access to motorways, local hotels and located less than 10 minutes drive from Leeds/Bradford Airport.
What are the nearest stations?
The nearest stations to Cookridge Hall Golf Club are:
- Green Lane Cookridge Ln, Cookridge is 389 meters away, 6 min walk.
- Otley Old Rd Tinshill Road, Cookridge is 531 meters away, 8 min walk.
- Holtdale App Holtdale Grove, Holt Park is 637 meters away, 9 min walk.
- Holtdale Approach Holtdale Way, Holt Park is 810 meters away, 11 min walk.
Which Train lines stop near Cookridge Hall Golf Club?
Which Bus lines stop near Cookridge Hall Golf Club?
Property repossession can be a stressful and expensive process. This comprehensive one-day course gives you a detailed understanding of how to end challenging tenancies and gain possession of your property yourself.
Fortunately, the majority of landlords rent out their property problem-free, without having to suffer the burden of repossession, but this is not always the case. The legal process involved in getting your property back from your tenant is time consuming, and can result in high legal fees, lost rent, and overall expenses you could do without.
This course will teach you what action to take if a tenant:
- fails to pay rent
- deliberately damages your property
- is guilty of anti-social behaviour or
- refuses to leave your property.
Our expert team will teach you how to:
- Legally regain your property
- Save time repossessing your property
- Keep financial losses to a minimum
- Know how to fill out the paperwork correctly
- Avoid incurring unnecessary court fees
Using examples, our trainers provide practical advice on filling out the relevant court forms and notices by using the correct procedures, saving you expensive fees and helping you regain control of your property legally.
- Introduction to possession
- What is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy?
- Reducing risk
- Section 21 (no fault eviction notice)
- Section 8 (court ordered eviction notice)
- Court procedures
- Avoiding harassment and unlawful eviction
- Death of tenant
Trainer: Steve Simpson
As an NLA Director, Representative and Trainer in the North East since 2011, Steve Simpson will already be familiar to many NLA Members in the region.
Steve has worked closely with the NLA for a number of years, originally as National Sales Manager for NLA Mortgages, and for the past five years he has been NLA Representative for the North East, covering County Durham and Tees Valley. “I feel I know the NLA as an organisation, what it stands for and how it assists landlords.”
In addition to his experience of being a landlord, Steve brings to the NLA Board his wide-ranging skills of working at senior management and board levels in financial services and a local association, and feels that at this stage in his career he can devote the necessary time, energy and commitment to the role of Non-Executive Director. “The private rented sector is going through some significant change currently,” he commented. “I am a small and therefore typical landlord. If I wasn't a member of the NLA, I am sure I would struggle to keep up to date with the changes,” he adds. “While there are challenges, there is also a bigger need than ever for landlords to use the NLA to assist them with their investment and properties, so this represents a significant membership opportunity that I hope to help the NLA capture.”
Steve has held senior positions with Keystone Buy to Let Mortgages (a joint venture between Aldermore and Mortgages for Business) as well as with the Business Mortgage Company. “During my time in financial services, I was successful in developing strong commercial relationships and sponsorship, and I feel I can assist the NLA in these areas.