NLA Specialist Landlord Taxation Course
Onsite parking included in price. Delegates must provide registration to reception to avoid charges.
If you need assistance due to reduced mobility please contact the Meetings and Events team before the event. Contact us
In partnership with our one-day training course will help you gain a better understanding of the complexities of tax; what you need to pay as a landlord; when to pay it; and how you can substantially reduce your tax bill. It will demonstrate the general principles of property tax and how to run your property portfolio more tax efficiently.
Many property investors are unaware of the tax legislation; their eligibility, entitlements and reliefs; how to avoid paying too much tax and how to structure their tax or assets productively to streamline their business. We show you how to try and protect your assets and make the most of your lettings business.
We will empower you to:
- Guide you through the theory surrounding tax legislation
- Outline your rights, responsibilities and liabilities
- Provide intricate options available to hold your property investments
- Give insight into improving the restructuring of your portfolio
- Helping you understand and clarify your future tax liability
- Guide you on how to reduce your ongoing and potential tax bill
- Ensure you have a clear understanding of the rules and regulations
- Provide practical examples to ensure you understand basic calculations
- Instigate thought-provoking discussion
By the end of this landlord training course you will know how to set up and put in place longer term planning to operate effectively in your property lettings. You will also be better informed when to seek expert advice, in the event you decide to instruct an accountant or tax expert, which could help potentially save on those significant fees.
- Introduction and overview of the Tax regime
- Income Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Inheritance Tax
- Digital Tax
- Application of Section 24 (tenant tax)
- Gifting and potentially exempt transfer
- The benefits of incorporating your business
- Hold as a company vs hold as an individual
- Self-assessment and tax returns
- Allowable expenses and what to offset
- An introduction to Trusts
- Smart exits and strategies
- Inheritance Tax
- Use of Trusts
*Please note it is advisable to bring a calculator when attending this landlord training session. *
Our training expert Jeremy Mindell, from MBL Seminars is a director at Primondell Ltd. Jeremy spent his early career in the family business before He started with Coopers & Lybrand and during next 15 years was in three of the “Big Four” accountancy firms. This included AMP, Henderson Global Investors and worked his way up to Senior Management with Deloitte & Touche.
He has worked through issues such as profit related pay, share schemes, expatriate tax, tax investigations, reward management, US taxation, transfer pricing and corporate tax. In 2013, Jeremy set up his own independent consultancy and lecturing business on a wide variety of tax topics continually keeping up to date with industry regulation and tax changes.