NLA Specialist Landlord Taxation Course
Onsite parking included in price. Delegates must provide registration to reception to avoid charges.
If you need assistance due to reduced mobility please contact the Meetings and Events team before the event. Contact us
Many property investors are unaware of tax legislation, eligibility, entitlements and reliefs, and are not informed on how to avoid paying too much tax and how to structure their tax resourcefully.
This one-day course that will help you understand what tax you need to pay as a landlord, when to pay it, and how you can substantially reduce your tax bill. It demonstrates the general principles of property tax and how to run your property portfolio more tax efficiently.
Our training experts start with the theory surrounding tax legislation, using worked examples where figures and calculations are explained. This will ensure you have a clear understanding of the rules and regulations involved before tackling the practical component of the training.
We will empower you to do this by:
- Providing an understanding of the intricate options available to you to hold your property investments
- Giving you insight into improving the restructuring of your portfolio
- Helping you understand and clarifying your future tax liability
- Guide you on how to reduce your ongoing and potential tax bills
- Supplying an overview of the relationship between Capital Gains Tax (the life time tax) and Inheritance Tax on residential property assets.
By the end of this landlord training course you will know how to operate in a more tax efficient environment when renting out your property. You will also when best to seek expert advice, in the event you decide to instruct an accountant or tax expert.
- Introduction and overview of the Tax regime
- Income Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Inheritance Tax
- Digital Tax
- Application of Section 24 (tenant tax)
- Gifting and potentially exempt transfer
- The benefits of incorporating your business
- Hold as a company vs hold as an individual
- Self-assessment and tax returns
- Allowable expenses and what to offset
- An introduction to Trusts
- Smart exits and strategies
*Please note it is advisable to bring a calculator when attending this landlord training session. *
* Please note we are currently refreshing our Specialist Landlord Taxation course. We will soon have our refreshed course published around mid Autumn. We urge you to please keep checking our courses page and calendar when they are available to book. Thank you.