NLA Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) Course
Skyline House is located on the corner of Union Street and Great Suffolk Street.
There is no onsite parking.
Nearest car park UCP Great Suffolk Street, £20 per day.
We recommend you travel by public transport.
Please be aware you will be subject to the Congestion Charge when driving to the venue.
London Waterloo 0.5 miles
London Waterloo East 0.4 miles
London Blackfriars 0.5 miles (Southbank)
Southwark (Jubilee line) 0.1 miles
Waterloo (Bakerloo, Jubilee, Northern, Waterloo & City lines) 0.7 miles
Borough (Northern line) 0.5 miles
Our one-day Portable Appliance Testing Course in partnership with NAPIT teaches you how to carry out vital safety checks on the electrical appliances you provide your tenants with. This comprehensive PAT training ensures you are confident about protecting your tenants’ safety, with your safety as our priority.
Under the Landlord and tenants Act 1985 it is your responsibility to ensure all electrical equipment supplied by you is free of risk of injury to tenants and in full working order at the start of the tenancy and regular safety checks have been carried out during their tenancy to meet your duty of care.
Our course covers both theory and practice. Testing equipment will be available on site for Portable Appliance Testing course attendees. Prior knowledge of PAT testing or electricity is NOT a requirement to attend our PAT course.
Our expert team will:
- Help you gain practical experience of PAT testing
- Explain PAT testing in the domestic environment
- Teach you how to use Portable Appliance Testing Equipment
- Support you at every step of this course
Our THEORY session of PAT training will:
- Take you through the latest IET code of practice
- Take you through Health and Safety Executive guidance
During our PRACTICAL session of PAT training you will:
- Inspect and PAT test a variety of portable electrical appliances with expert guidance
- Conduct formal, visual and combined checks and labelling
Upon completion of this course delegates will be eligible to apply to NAPIT Premier Training Academies to undertake a bolt on City & Guilds examination only for the Certificate for the Code of Practice for the In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT) Course (C&G 2377-22). This is an open book exam with multi-choice questions to be held at one of their test centres around the UK which will last approximately 2 hours if delegate should wish to undertake this qualification.
- The legal background
- Class 1, 11 and 111 appliances
- Safety risks and typical faults
- Frequency of testing
- Fuse ratings and visual inspections
- Earth bond resistance tests
- Insulation resistance tests
- All Portable equipment
- Handheld equipment
- Stationary equipment (not fixed)
- User checks including formal, visual and combined.