NLA Landlord Foundation Course
Complimentary on-site parking on a first come first serve basis.
The hotel sits next to Forster Square Railway Station, so you can be in Leeds within 25 minutes or Saltaire World Heritage Site in 15 minutes. You might also like to explore the home of the Bronte Sisters in Haworth and the windswept south Pennine hills where they found so much of their inspiration.
Local transport links with distances / travel time for road, rail, air
- Leeds/Bradford Airport 9 Miles approx 25 Minutes
- Manchester Airport 32 Miles approx 1 Hour
- Leeds by Rail every half hour from Forster Square Station adjacent to hotel, journey takes 20 minutes
- Leeds by road 10 miles approx 30 minutes
- York by road 30 miles approx 1 hour, by rail approx 1 hour via Leeds
- Harrogate by road 20 miles approx 45 minutes, by rail approx 45 minutes via Leeds
From Harrogate & Shipley
Follow Bradford A6038/6037 and A650 signs, bear left signed A6037, A650 and motorways. 2 miles past car dealerships on left, get in right hand lane for Central Ring Road A6181. At major junction through lights, keep right lane, now A6181 for Haworth (this is Hamm Strasse) past Forster Square Retail Park on left, up hill, next left at top into Manor Row. Hotel 400m down hill, turn immediate left after hotel, at roundabout, hotel car park immediate left again.
Junction 26 M62 onto M606 Bradford. At end of motorway, go under bridge and into dual carriageway at lights. Follow road round to the right up to roundabout. Turn left onto 3 lane, Rooley Lane. Follow for 1/2 mile past Asda on left. At roundabout follow A650 left, down sliproad. Get into middle lane. Follow down hill through 2 roundabouts. Stay on A650 through 2 major lights and up hill. Through next lights at top of hill, get in left lane. Down hill turning left towards Forster Square Station and Retail Park. Immediately go over onto middle or right lane A6181 for Haworth (this is Hamm Strasse) past Forster Square Retail Park on left, up hill, next left at top into Manor Row. Hotel 400m down hill, turn immediate left after hotel, at roundabout, hotel car park immediate left again.
From York & Leeds
Leave the Leeds Ring Road at Stanningley by New Pudsey Station towards Bradford A647. At junction with A650 turn right towards Keighley, Shipley this is Shipley Airedale Road. Through next lights at top of hill, get in left lane. Down hill turning left towards Forster Square Station and Retail Park. Immediately go over onto middle or right land A6181 for Haworth (this is Hamm Strasse) past Forster Square Retail Park on left, up hill, next left at top into Manor Row. Hotel 400m down hill, turn immediate left after hotel, at roundabout, hotel car park immediate left again.
From Keighley & Bingley/Saltaire
Follow A650 into Bradford past Valley Parade (Bradford City Football Club, on left) across Central Ring Road into Manor Row. Hotel 400m down hill, turn immediate left after hotel, at roundabout, hotel car park immediate left again.
As a landlord, your essential responsibility is to ensure your tenants live in a home that satisfies all the legal requirements, and to conduct yourself professionally, compliant with UK law. During our one-day landlord training foundation course, we will take you through the laws, regulations and liabilities of the landlord business.
Our landlord training course will support you in ensuring you possess the nationally recognised foundation level of knowledge required to gain landlord qualifications and become accredited with the NLA.
Whether you are a new or experienced landlord, this landlord training course will:
- Help you develop your professional skills
- Take you through the tenancy from start to finish
- Explore the fundamentals of being and becoming a landlord.
Our team of trainers will:
- Demonstrate their expertise and knowledge
- Assist you in maximising your return on investments
- Help you strengthen your business
- Clarify what your obligations and responsibilities are as a landlord
Whether you self-manage or use a letting agent, our team of expert trainers will clue you in on everything you need to know through thought provoking discussions.
On this landlord training course, you will:
- Have a chance to network and share real life stories
- Look at practical advice and examples to help you avoid the pitfalls
- Discover how to save time and money
- Learn how to ensure you stay on the right side of the law.
At the end of this landlord training course, we will conduct an open book assessment to reinforce your understanding from the day’s course. Certification is issued on satisfactory completion*
Our landlord training course covers the main issues landlords encounter, including:
- Pre-tenancy considerations
- Responsibilities & liabilities
- Setting up a tenancy
- During a tenancy
- Ending a tenancy
- Record keeping
- Guidance and practical help
- Up to date advice
*Please note that accreditation certification will only be awarded after completing all components of this landlord training session.
Benefits of NLA accreditation include:
- A quality mark
- Advantageous to tenants seeking professional landlords
- Reduced licence and HMO licence fees in some local authority areas
- Preferential services and access to grants in some local authority areas
- Tax deductible course fees
- Free advertising with some local authority registers and our own National Register of Accreditation.
N.B If you rent property in Wales, the deadline for compliance has now passed, meaning enforcement action can be taken against you if you are not properly registered and licensed.
Trainer: Steve Simpson
Steve has been a landlord for over 13 years with a wide experience base.
He spent most of his professional career in financial services up until April 2014 which included; the development of a new business to business distribution channel; Business manager at Keystone buy to let; a National Sales Manager for the business mortgage company. Duties included - setting up and operating best practice procedures, staff management and training, compliance and public speaking.
Redundancy gave Steve the opportunity to semi retire and support the NLA as a Local Representative subsequently joining the training team and from September 2016 became a Non-Executive Director of the NLA. His qualifications include LIMRA training and development skills, LIMRA recruitment, selection and development, AD’VALORUM Effective 1 to 1 team meetings and effective action plans, LIMRA staff assessment training, TED Johns general management skills.