NLA Landlord Foundation Course
Where is Aston Villa Football Club
Being in the heart of the country, Villa Park has a fantastic central location, less than two miles from the M6, with over 1,000 complimentary car parking spaces available onsite and within easy walking distance of Aston and Witton train stations and other public transport links.
Car: 2 minutes from Junction 6 M6
Car: 10 minute drive into Birmingham City Centre
Train: 1 stop from Birmingham New Street by Train
Train: 8-minute walk from Witton or Aston Train Station
As a landlord, your essential responsibility is to ensure your tenants live in a home that satisfies all the legal requirements, and to conduct yourself professionally, compliant with UK law. During our one-day landlord training foundation course, we will take you through the laws, regulations and liabilities of the landlord business.
Our landlord training course will support you in ensuring you possess the nationally recognised foundation level of knowledge required to gain landlord qualifications and become accredited with the NLA.
Whether you are a new or experienced landlord, this landlord training course will:
- Help you develop your professional skills
- Take you through the tenancy from start to finish
- Explore the fundamentals of being and becoming a landlord.
Our team of trainers will:
- Demonstrate their expertise and knowledge
- Assist you in maximising your return on investments
- Help you strengthen your business
- Clarify what your obligations and responsibilities are as a landlord
Whether you self-manage or use a letting agent, our team of expert trainers will clue you in on everything you need to know through thought provoking discussions.
On this landlord training course, you will:
- Have a chance to network and share real life stories
- Look at practical advice and examples to help you avoid the pitfalls
- Discover how to save time and money
- Learn how to ensure you stay on the right side of the law.
At the end of this landlord training course, we will conduct an open book assessment to reinforce your understanding from the day’s course. Certification is issued on satisfactory completion*
Our landlord training course covers the main issues landlords encounter, including:
- Pre-tenancy considerations
- Responsibilities & liabilities
- Setting up a tenancy
- During a tenancy
- Ending a tenancy
- Record keeping
- Guidance and practical help
- Up to date advice
*Please note that accreditation certification will only be awarded after completing all components of this landlord training session.
Benefits of NLA accreditation include:
- A quality mark
- Advantageous to tenants seeking professional landlords
- Reduced licence and HMO licence fees in some local authority areas
- Preferential services and access to grants in some local authority areas
- Tax deductible course fees
- Free advertising with some local authority registers and our own National Register of Accreditation.
N.B If you rent property in Wales, the deadline for compliance has now passed, meaning enforcement action can be taken against you if you are not properly registered and licensed.
Trainer: Don Robbie
Don has been a landlord for over 12 years with rental properties in the UK and abroad. He has been an NLA Member for over 11 years, gaining NLA Accreditation and joining the Local Representative Team in the West Midlands late in 2011. He became a member of the training team three years later.
His early career saw him in Human Resources and Development, rising to senior management positions in the retail, licensed trade and motor industry sectors. His experience to date has also enabled him to source tenants and manage properties on behalf of a small number of personal clients. In particular, Don is passionate about meeting the needs of members and promoting landlord professionalism and service excellence in a growing but increasingly challenging private rental market.