NLA Landlord Foundation Course
Travelling from outside Birmingham and need overnight facilities, please go to https://edgbaston.com/conference-events/edgbaston-hotel-partners/
We have over 400 spaces available on site when it is a non cricket match day. Entry to the car park is via Edgbaston Road - please use B5 7QU. Please allow yourself plenty of time for travel to Edgbatson on match day. If you're travelling by car, please note that the streets around the stadium are all residential and as such they are subject to stringent parking restrictions throughout the day. Match Day parking for 2019 cricket events are not on sale yet.
From Broad Street and Five-Ways Island
Service 1 stops outside the ground on Edgbaston Road.
From Bullring (Debenhams bus stops) & Moor Street Station)
Services 45 & 47 provide a frequency of up to every 5 minutes stop on Priory Road, Pershore Road which is only a few seconds away from the ground. From Bullring (Debenhams bus stops)
Services X61, 63 & X64 stop on Priory Road, Bristol Rd which is a couple of minutes walk from the ground. From Bullring (Selfridges Entrance) & Digbeth Coach Station. Service 35 takes you just a few minutes walk away from the ground on Willow Road, Edgbaston Road. Go direct to Edgbaston on your local bus from Harborne & Hagley Road
9, 22, 23, 24, 29, 120, 126, 128, 129, 140, 141. Change buses at Five Ways Island and jump onto the 1 service to Edgbaston.
Moseley, Acocks Green & Shirley
On the 1. Cotteridge, Stirchley, Kings Norton, Longbridge
On the 45 & 47. Selly Oak, Northfield
As a landlord, your essential responsibility is to ensure your tenants live in a home that satisfies all the legal requirements, and to conduct yourself professionally, compliant with UK law. During our one-day landlord training foundation course, we will take you through the laws, regulations and liabilities of the landlord business.
Our landlord training course will support you in ensuring you possess the nationally recognised foundation level of knowledge required to gain landlord qualifications and become accredited with the NLA.
Whether you are a new or experienced landlord, this landlord training course will:
- Help you develop your professional skills
- Take you through the tenancy from start to finish
- Explore the fundamentals of being and becoming a landlord.
Our team of trainers will:
- Demonstrate their expertise and knowledge
- Assist you in maximising your return on investments
- Help you strengthen your business
- Clarify what your obligations and responsibilities are as a landlord
Whether you self-manage or use a letting agent, our team of expert trainers will clue you in on everything you need to know through thought provoking discussions.
On this landlord training course, you will:
- Have a chance to network and share real life stories
- Look at practical advice and examples to help you avoid the pitfalls
- Discover how to save time and money
- Learn how to ensure you stay on the right side of the law.
At the end of this landlord training course, we will conduct an open book assessment to reinforce your understanding from the day’s course. Certification is issued on satisfactory completion*
Our landlord training course covers the main issues landlords encounter, including:
- Pre-tenancy considerations
- Responsibilities & liabilities
- Setting up a tenancy
- During a tenancy
- Ending a tenancy
- Record keeping
- Guidance and practical help
- Up to date advice
*Please note that accreditation certification will only be awarded after completing all components of this landlord training session.
Benefits of NLA accreditation include:
- A quality mark
- Advantageous to tenants seeking professional landlords
- Reduced licence and HMO licence fees in some local authority areas
- Preferential services and access to grants in some local authority areas
- Tax deductible course fees
- Free advertising with some local authority registers and our own National Register of Accreditation.
N.B If you rent property in Wales, the deadline for compliance has now passed, meaning enforcement action can be taken against you if you are not properly registered and licensed.