NLA Landlord Foundation Course
Please note that the postcode PL25 4FD is different to the venue's Sat Nav Postcode PL25 4EJ. Please ensure that you use this if you are driving; Sat Nav details PL25 4EJ, this is the correct postcode to bring you direct to St Austell Business Park.
There are also a limited number of parking spaces on site for the Conference Centre. Many spaces belong to businesses on the Business Park and are therefore reserved for them. We kindly ask that attendees do not park in any reserved bays (which have either reserved or white company plaques on the spaces), including those reserved for the Print Company at the main reception. We recommend that delegates use the conference centre parking based in the Premier inn on the right hand side on entry to the Business Park.
You will see signs for the Conference Centre Parking just past the Premier Inn. If you take the first right and follow the road a short distance and then take the next right where you will find our large overflow car park.
From North: A30, Bodmin
Head to St Austell on the A391, through Bugle and Stenalees. At roundabout take the 1st exit. Continue on A391. At 2nd roundabout take 2nd exit, following signs for St Austell. You’ll see St Austell Printing Company on the left hand side. At the roundabout take the 1st exit (left) and follow road round to the left and head straight up into St Austell Business Park.
From West, A390, Truro
Head to St Austell on the A390, along Truro Road and Southbourne Road (past Asda on right). At next roundabout, take 2nd exit right onto Holmbush Road, remaining on the A390. Go through 3 sets of traffic lights. At 4th set of traffic lights, turn left on to A391 (follow signs for Bodmin & Eden Project). Follow the A391 uphill, through 3 roundabouts. At 4th roundabout, take 3rd exit right; follow round to the left and head up into St Austell Business Park.
From East, A390, Plymouth
Head to St Austell on A390, through Lostwithiel and St Blazey. On entering St Austell (after St Austell Garden Centre on left), take the right hand lane at the traffic lights, sign-posted A391, Bodmin & Eden Project. Follow the A391 uphill, through 3 roundabouts. At 4th roundabout, take 3rd exit right, follow road round to the left and head straight up into St Austell
SAT NAV: PL25 4EJ
As a landlord, your essential responsibility is to ensure your tenants live in a home that satisfies all the legal requirements, and to conduct yourself professionally, compliant with UK law. During our one-day landlord training foundation course, we will take you through the laws, regulations and liabilities of the landlord business
Our landlord training course will support you in ensuring you possess the nationally recognised foundation level of knowledge required to gain landlord qualifications and become accredited with the NLA.
Whether you are a new or experienced landlord, this landlord training course will:
- Help you develop your professional skills
- Take you through the tenancy from start to finish
- Explore the fundamentals of being and becoming a landlord.
Our team of trainers will:
- Demonstrate their expertise and knowledge
- Assist you in maximising your return on investments
- Help you strengthen your business
- Clarify what your obligations and responsibilities are as a landlord
Whether you self-manage or use a letting agent, our team of expert trainers will clue you in on everything you need to know through thought provoking discussions.
On this landlord training course, you will:
- Have a chance to network and share real life stories
- Look at practical advice and examples to help you avoid the pitfalls
- Discover how to save time and money
- Learn how to ensure you stay on the right side of the law.
At the end of this landlord training course, we will conduct an open book assessment to reinforce your understanding from the day’s course. Certification is issued on satisfactory completion*
Our landlord training course covers the main issues landlords encounter, including:
- Pre-tenancy considerations
- Responsibilities & liabilities
- Setting up a tenancy
- During a tenancy
- Ending a tenancy
- Record keeping
- Guidance and practical help
- Up to date advice
*Please note that accreditation certification will only be awarded after completing all components of this landlord training session.
Benefits of NLA accreditation include:
- A quality mark
- Advantageous to tenants seeking professional landlords
- Reduced licence and HMO licence fees in some local authority areas
- Preferential services and access to grants in some local authority areas
- Tax deductible course fees
- Free advertising with some local authority registers and our own National Register of Accreditation.
N.B If you rent property in Wales, the deadline for compliance has now passed, meaning enforcement action can be taken against you if you are not properly registered and licensed.