NLA Deposits, Damages and Disputes Course
There is no onsite parking.
Nearest car park UCP Great Suffolk Street, £20 per day.
We recommend you travel by public transport.
Please be aware you will be subject to the Congestion Charge when driving to the venue.
Get peace of mind and stay within the law, with this comprehensive half-day course that covers the principles of deposit protection, managing and avoiding disputes. It covers how to handle deposits safely, advice on creating robust inventories, and an overview of best practice tenant referencing procedures. It will also encourage your tenants to end their tenancy correctly, so they don’t incur losses on their deposit.
A recent development in UK law introduced Deposit Protection Legislation, making it a legal requirement to protect your tenant’s deposit and provide the relevant information regarding it, within a critical deadline. Failure to comply with deposit protection legislation can result in several penalties, including fines and losing your ability to regain possession of the property (under a section 21 eviction notice).
Our expert team will:
- Help you avoid fines and penalties
- Teach you how to handle your tenants’ deposit directly
- Advise you on ways to avoid end of tenancy damage
- Advise you on how to avoid rent arrears
We offer guidance on creating an inventory and schedule of condition, how to minimise disputes at the end of tenancy and how to obtain a successful outcome in the event of any dispute arbitration.
- What is a tenancy deposit?
- Tenancy deposit protection
- Tenancy agreement and prescribed information
- Referencing and selecting tenants
- The importance of an inventory
- Check in and check out processes
- What falls under fair wear and tear
- How to calculate the value of damages
- Teach you how to successfully manage claims and arbitration