NLA Understanding Possession Course
Property repossession can be a stressful and expensive process. This comprehensive one-day course gives you a detailed understanding of how to end challenging tenancies and gain possession of your property yourself.
Fortunately, the majority of landlords rent out their property problem-free, without having to suffer the burden of repossession, but this is not always the case. The legal process involved in getting your property back from your tenant is time consuming, and can result in high legal fees, lost rent, and overall expenses you could do without.
This course will teach you what action to take if a tenant:
- fails to pay rent
- deliberately damages your property
- is guilty of anti-social behaviour or
- refuses to leave your property.
Our expert team will teach you how to:
- Legally regain your property
- Save time repossessing your property
- Keep financial losses to a minimum
- Know how to fill out the paperwork correctly
- Avoid incurring unnecessary court fees
Using examples, our trainers provide practical advice on filling out the relevant court forms and notices by using the correct procedures, saving you expensive fees and helping you regain control of your property legally.
- Introduction to possession
- What is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy?
- Reducing risk
- Section 21 (no fault eviction notice)
- Section 8 (court ordered eviction notice)
- Court procedures
- Avoiding harassment and unlawful eviction
- Death of tenant