NLA Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) Course
PAT training is a vital component of your landlord status. It is your responsibility to ensure all electrical equipment supplied by you is free of risk of injury to tenants and in full working order at the start of their tenancy.
Our one-day Portable Appliance Testing Course teaches you how to carry out vital safety checks on the electrical appliances you provide your tenants with. The comprehensive PAT training ensures you are confident about protecting your tenants’ safety.
Our course covers both theory and practice. Testing equipment will be available on site for Portable Appliance Testing course attendees. Prior knowledge of PAT testing or electricity is not a requirement to attend our PAT course.
Our expert team will:
- Help you gain practical experience of PAT testing
- Explain PAT testing in the domestic environment
- Teach you how to use Portable Appliance Testing Equipment
Our THEORY session of PAT training will:
- Take you through the latest IET code of practice
- Take you through Health and Safety Executive guidance
During our PRACTICAL session of PAT training you will:
- Inspect and PAT test a variety of portable electrical appliances with expert guidance from our trainer.
At the end of our Portable Appliance Testing course you will be tested by our experts to confirm you are able to carry out vital safety checks. Certification is issued on satisfactory completion of the practical session of the PAT course.
- The legal background
- Class 1, 11 and 111 appliances
- Safety risks and typical faults
- Frequency of testing
- Fuse ratings and visual inspections
- Earth bond resistance tests
- Insulation resistance tests
- Testing microwave ovens
- Testing 110V power tools
- Testing appliances
- Pass and fail labelling
- Results and maintenance