NLA CEO to join Housing Minister in addressing event in Parliament: ‘Are tenants safe and secure in their homes?’
NLA CEO, Richard Lambert, is to speak at the launch of the All Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide’s (APPCOG) latest report launch in Portcullis House.
Sharing the platform will be:
- Alok Sharma MP, Minister of State for Housing and Planning
- Barry Sheerman MP, Co-chair, All-Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group
- Eddie Hughes MP, Parliamentary Member of APPCOG
- Richard Lambert, Chief Executive Officer, National Landlords Association
- Abbie Sampson, Energy UK
- Chris Bielby, SGN
The All-Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group’s (APPCOG) latest report Carbon monoxide (CO) alarms: tenants safe and secure in their homes looks at the issues around improving current regulations and advocating that landlords must provide a CO alarm in properties containing any fuel burning appliance, as opposed to just solid fuel appliances. This will save lives.
The panel will discuss:
- Key findings and recommendations from the report
- Potential benefits of providing greater protection to renters
- Next steps for taking the recommendations forward
NLA members are invited to join MPs and others to debate the issues at hand.
To book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7922 7813 by 3 November 2017.
Date: Tuesday 7 November 2017
New time: 16:15 - 18:00
London SW1A 2JX
Use the Portcullis House Main Entrance
The main entrance is mark “4” on the map. View map here.