London Borough of Bexley launches consultation on additional & selective licensing schemes – Again!
The London Borough of Bexley has today (20 November 2017) launched another consultation on proposals to introduce an extensive licensing scheme within its locality.
The consultation will run until 31 January 2018 and may be downloaded here.
This scheme would introduce:
- a borough-wide Additional Licensing Scheme for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
- Selective Licensing Schemes applying to all private rented properties in four defined areas: Thamesmead North, Abbey Wood, Lower Belvedere and parts of Erith
The schemes have been designed to help reduce the levels of anti-social behaviour within those four areas and from HMOs across the Borough, as well as providing support for local tenants and landlords.
Maps of the four licensing areas can be found here:
- Thamesmead North Licensing Area
- Abbey Wood / Lower Belvedere Licensing Area
- Erith Licensing Area
- Manor Road Licensing Area
- Full map of all Licensing Areas
The Council has two property licensing forums planned in January where anyone interested in the scheme including residents, landlords, businesses and tenants can come along and have their say:
- 11 January 2018 - 1pm to 4pm at Belvedere Community Centre, Mitchell Close, Belvedere, DA17 6AA
- 17 January 2018 - 6.30pm to 8.30pm at Civic Offices, 2 Watling St, Bexleyheath DA6 7AT
The council will be hosting a series of roadshows around the Borough to promote the scheme, at the following locations:
- Thursday 23 November 2017
10am to noon, Erith Town Hall, Walnut Tree Road, Erith, DA8 1TL
1pm to 3pm, Morrisons Erith, James Watt Way, Erith, DA8 2AH
- Monday 27 November 2017
10am to noon, Bexleyheath Library
5.30pm to 7.30pm Bexleyheath Leisure Centre, Brampton Road, Bexleyheath, DA7 4HH
- Tuesday 28 November 2017
10am to noon, Bird College, Alma Road, Sidcup, DA14 4ED
- Thursday 30 November 2017
10am to noon, Slade Green and Howbury Community Centre and Library, Chrome Rd, Erith DA8 2EL
5.30pm to 7.30pm, Erith Leisure Centre, Avenue Road, Erith, DA8 3AT
Interested parties are also encouraged to email the Council at firstname.lastname@example.org