The latest English Housing Survey Headline Report has been published today.
These official independent figures show that
- In 2015-16, the private rented sector accounted for 4.5 million or 20% of households.
- Over the last decade, the number of families in the private rented sector has increased; the number of families in the social rented sector has decreased:
- The average length of time private renters have lived at their current address continues to rise, from 4 years to 4.3 years between 2014-15 and 2015-16.
- Rent as a % of household income has gone down
- Energy Efficiency continues to improve
- Tenants in the PRS are happier than those that live socially rented accomodation.
Our blogpost on the findings can be found here and further briefing attached below.