Landlords Tax Course
Keep up to date with the latest latest landlord tax changes
Our one-day training course will help you gain a better understanding of the complexities of tax; what you need to pay as a landlord; when to pay it; and how you can substantially reduce your landlord tax bill. It will demonstrate the general principles of property tax and how to run your property portfolio more tax efficiently.
Many property investors are unaware of the tax legislation; their eligibility, entitlements and reliefs; how to avoid paying too much tax and how to structure their tax or assets productively to streamline their business. We show you how to try and protect your assets and make the most of your lettings business.
We will empower you to:
- Guide you through the theory surrounding landlord tax legislation
- Outline your rights, responsibilities and liabilities
- Provide intricate options available to hold your property investments
- Give insight into improving the restructuring of your portfolio
- Helping you understand and clarify your future tax liability
- Guide you on how to reduce your ongoing and potential tax bill
- Ensure you have a clear understanding of the rules and regulations
- Provide practical examples to ensure you understand basic calculations
- Instigate thought-provoking discussion
By the end of this landlord training course you will know how to set up and put in place longer term planning to operate effectively in your property lettings. You will also be better informed when to seek expert advice, in the event you decide to instruct an accountant or tax expert, which could help potentially save on those significant fees.
Our courses cover:
- Introduction and overview of the tax regime
- Income tax
- Capital gains tax
- Corporation tax
- Inheritance tax
- Making tax digital
- Application of Section 24 (tenant tax)
- Gifting and potentially exempt transfer
- The benefits of incorporating your business
- Hold as a company versus an individual
- Self-assessment and tax returns
- Capital and revenue expenditure
- Stamp duty and tax
- Inheritance tax
- Smart exits and strategies
*Please note it is advisable to bring a calculator when attending this landlord training session. *
Jeremy Mindell has worked in the field of taxation for thirty years. He qualified as a Chartered Tax Adviser and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT). He has spoken on many occasions to CIOT branches and national conferences.
He qualified with Ernst & Young and became a Senior Manager with Deloitte. He then moved in-house to work with AMP (Australia Mutual Provident) and then Henderson Global Investors, who are major property investors. Jeremy has dealt with different aspects of property taxation for the whole of his career; advising landlords on tax planning and dealing with compliance challenges, such as tax return completion.
In 2013, Jeremy set up his own independent consultancy and lecturing business on a wide variety of tax topics; continually keeping up to date with industry regulation and landlord tax changes.