South Leicestershire Landlords Forum - afternoon
*There are 2 sessions available on the day
The afternoon session is from 1pm – 4pm
The evening session is from 6pm – 9pm
The event offers invaluable advice and support to landlords and letting agents in offering safer housing and improving tenancy management standards. The event is Free of Charge and there will also be a Buffet. The following seminars will be presented by housing professionals:
• Legislative Update Teresa Kaczmarek (National Landlord Association) - an overview regarding recent and upcoming legislation for landlords to be aware of to help manage your properties.
• ‘Call B4 You Serve’ Linda Cobb (Decent and Safer Homes) ‘Decent and Safer Homes’ (DASH) offer a service called ‘Call B4 You Serve’ offering assistance to landlords on rent arrears, mediation, communications issues, help and advice and leasing your property.
• Recent changes to HMOs Phil Fasham (Environmental Health Officer) - an overview of changes to HMO licensing
• Section 21 Notices Past, Present and Future Gail Sykes (Buckles Solicitors) - the proposed changes to Section 21 and what this could mean for landlords.
• Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards and Homes (fitness for Human Habitation) update Giles Inman (East Midlands Property Owners) - an update regarding the upcoming changes that prevents landlords from a low Energy Performance Certificate and how to ensure their properties are compliant with the Homes Act.
• Universal Credit Full Service – DWP Information for Private Landlords
An overview of the background of Universal Credits, circumstances when payments can be made directly to landlords and how to make an application for direct payment.
To book your place please email:
or telephone: 01858 821019
CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The hours spent attending this event will contribute towards Continued Professional Development (CPD) for NLA Accredited landlords. The relevant number of hours should be manually added to your CPD profile on the NLA Online Library.