Electrical Safety Course
Understanding Electrical safety standards is of vital importance for landlords and letting agents to ensure that your rental properties are completely safe when a tenant moves in and are maintained throughout the lifetime of that tenancy. Our course is designed to support you through your responsibilities to ensure you preserve your obligations, without exposing yourself to significant financial risks, fines and invalidated insurance, and to protect your tenants, rather than risk serious accidents, fire or even fatalities by not acting on safety requirements.
This one-day course is designed to provide an underpinning knowledge of Electrical installations, Electrical Installation Condition reports (EICR) and provide a brief outline of Portable Appliance Testing (PAT). This course gives an understanding of the vital stages you need take in verifying the safety of your property, what you should expect at the electrical inspections, the testing and reporting of domestic electrical installations and how to maintain the equipment in a complaint and safe manner.
Our trainer will stress the importance for landlords to gain a better understanding of electrical safety when making instructions, using suppliers, along with maintaining their equipment via a PAT Testing regime, backed up by landlords, property managers or tenants identifying and reporting faults, backed up by the Home Safety Guidance documents which encourages landlords to carry out their own visual inspections.
We will guide you through:
- Rights and responsibilities
- Electrical Installation Awareness
- Finding the right suppliers
- Common problems and upgrading a property
- Wiring regulations
- What a landlord, property manager or managing agent can or cannot do
- An insight into the EICR report
- Carrying out visual checks
- Home safety guidance
- An overview of PAT Testing
Specific topics covered will be:
- Introduction to Electrical safety
- Laws, regulations and Acts relevant to domestic electrical safety
- IET Guidance
- Home Safety Guidance
- Distribution Network Operators and Suppliers
- Consumer Units, Circuit Breakers, mains and circuits
- Requirements under the Wiring Regulations.
- EICR Awareness
- Completing an EICR report
- Understanding and interpreting the compliance codes
- What makes an installation safe?
- Practical photo coding exercise with review
- Visual electrical checks
- Overview of PAT awareness
- Formal Inspection and the Combined Inspection and Testing
To register your interest please email email@example.com
If you would like further practical training and certification as a "competent person" enabling you to conduct PAT Testing please view the NLA PAT Testing Course.