Complaints Process

What if I am not happy with the performance of my UKALA agent?

All members of UKALA belong to the Property Redress Scheme (PRS) independent dispute resolution scheme.

The majority of disputes involving landlords, tenants and agents come about because one party or more may have misunderstood their responsibilities. It is important to read your tenancy agreement (if you are a tenant) or the agent's terms and conditions (if you are a landlord) very carefully and make sure that you are keeping to your side of the agreement.

Every member of UKALA is required to operate and abide by an in-house complaints process, in accordance with the UKALA Code of Practice. If you are unhappy with the performance of your UKALA agent you should speak to the agent in the first instance and give them a reasonable opportunity to resolve the issue.

How do I contact the Property Redress Scheme?

Your agent should give you details about how to complain to the Property Redress Scheme. If your agent has not passed on these details to you then please contact UKALA in writing:


Address: UKALA, 2nd Floor, 200 Union Street, London SE1 0LX.

To return to the Complaints and Feedback main page please click here.