NLA Immigration Course
The Immigration Act 2014 places new restrictions on illegal immigrants accessing private rented accommodation. This half-day immigration course covers landlords’ and agents’ requirements for conducting Right to Rent checks.
This half-day landlord training course will:
- Cover the legal requirements for conducting checks for agents and landlords
- Provide you with practical guidance and real life examples
- Ensure you understand your responsibility as a landlord
- Make you aware of new restrictions on illegal immigrants accessing private rented accommodation
- Help ensure you comply with the Right to Rent Scheme
Failure to comply with the Right to Rent Scheme can lead to penalties for landlords of up to £3,000 per tenant, while those who knowingly rent to people without the right to be in the country can face a prison sentence up to 5 years.
Between February 2016 and June 2017, a total of 236 property owners were issued fines, so it is absolutely vital for you to stay on the right side of the law.
- What are your "Right to Rent" responsibilities?
- How to check someone's right to rent in the UK
- What documentation can be used for evidence
- When to seek support from the Home Office regarding a person's right to rent
- When and how to report outcomes.
- Exemptions to Right to Rent requirements
- How to keep essential records
- Practicalities during initial and follow up checks as appropriate
- The risk of potential penalties and how to appeal