NLA Telephone Advice Line
The NLA Telephone Advice Line is one of our most valued member benefits. With a satisfaction rating of 89%, our landlords have described the advice line as ‘more than an information service – it is peace of mind’.
The NLA Landlord Advice Line is free and unlimited for NLA members. We recently extended our advice line hours, and our advisors are now available Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm and Saturday, 9am-1pm (except Bank Holidays).
Easter Bank Holiday weekend opening times:
- Friday, April 19th - Closed
- Saturday, April 20th - Open (9am - 1pm)
- Monday, April 22nd - Closed
- Tuesday, April 23rd - Normal Office Hours (8am - 6pm)
Already a member? Call 020 7840 8939 to speak with an advisor *Please have your membership no. ready
Not yet a member? See your options for joining here.
Our landlord helpline is manned by experts in rental legislation, property licensing and common landlord pain points. Every advisor is an experienced landlord with firsthand knowledge of the private rented sector. They are professional, friendly and there to help with issues quickly and efficiently.
What can the NLA Telephone Advice Line help with?
Our advisers have wide-ranging experience in supporting members with accurate and in-depth information on landlord issues, including (but not limited to):
- Landlord Regulations
- Landlord Responsibilities
- Property Licensing
- Property Maintenance
- Managing HMOs
- Managing Student Lets
- Rent Arrears
- Tenancy Deposits
- Letting & Managing Agents
- Problem Tenants
- Gaining Possession
- Managing Tenancies
- Universal Credit
- Energy Efficiency & EPCs
They will also be able to signpost you to other experts where necessary, for instance when asking about some local licensing knowledge, planning permission or legal advice.
How can I make the most of my call to the NLA Telephone Advice Line?
- Have your membership number at the ready (this can be found on the back of your membership card).
- If you are a Family/Business sub account holder please make sure you have your own membership number ready.
- Have a pen and paper ready to make notes.
- Wherever possible make sure you are not driving or travelling on public transport as this can impair the call quality.
- Please have any relevant documents relating to your query (such as the AST) to hand.